Sunday, September 20, 2009

My 1st Wedding Cake

My good friend Chrissy got married October 11, 2008. She decided that I should make her wedding cake! Can I say pressure? I'd never made a tiered cake before, never covered a cake in fondant, and never had to deal with making a cake to feed 50 people. Plus, it's only a cake for one of the most important days of your life! So it was a bit of a challenge. But considering a first try at all these things, I feel it worked out pretty good. It was a devil's food cake with buttercream icing which ended up being quite tasty if I do say so myself!
I do however see every little imperfection everytime I look at this picture. That's the curse of feeling the need to have all crafty endeavors end in perfection!

3 comments:

  1. Ya!! Welcome to blog land! Love the cake, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison. I'm not sure how I feel about the blog world but I'm sure I will learn to appreciate it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly can't see any flaws at all...the cake is absolutely perfect!! I loved it!! You really should open up your own bakery!!

    ReplyDelete