Saturday, August 21, 2010

Not Sweet.... but Sweet

Please say title with the correct inflection. So this post is not a typical post. In fact, it's not about cupcakes, cake pops, cheesecake, cake, cookies, or anything that begins with 'C'.

It's about grilled cheese sandwiches. To be more precise, mini grilled cheese sandwiches. Now I know I am probably not the first person to ever do this, but I thought they were so adorable that I had to share them. I made buns about 2 weeks ago and decided to see what would happen if I made a mini loaf out of the the bun dough. Pure Genius. I ended up with a cute little loaf that tasted like my Mom's famous bun recipe (and no I'm not sharing that, sorry....). Now I know what you're thinking, doesn't this just mean you made bread. No. I made a bun that looked like a loaf of bread. Trust me on this one. The taste is totally different.

I now have this mini 'bun loaf' and I have no idea what to do with it. It's definitely to small for sandwiches. I pictured myself going into work with this tiny little sandwich and my co-workers staring at me as though I were some sort of nut job on some crazy fanatical diet. Then an idea struck me. I love grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. But I hate that when I cut my grilled cheese, most of the cheese leaks out. What better than bite sized grilled cheese? No cutting necessary!

That's right. This post is about a mini grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. Comfort food at it's best. So if you're ever having a bad day, feel free to look back on this post, smile a little, and take comfort in some adorable little sandwiches. I'm a nerd. I know. I'm seeking help. ; ) So again I say, not sweet.... but sweet. And might I point out, perfectly browned to perfection.

1 comment:

  1. Holy CHEESE Batman! I think you read my mind, since I was having grilled cheese cravings today, although I just ate that same meal 5 days ago...
    such a great idea, totally trying it!

    ReplyDelete