Sunday, July 31, 2011

If you like Pina Coladas....




My cupcake list for the year is half done! If you noticed, June was supposed to be Root Beer Float cupcakes. Sadly, June did not allow me to make them. I was just too busy! I tried to make them and my July cupcakes in one day. Needless to say, sometimes recipes just aren't as good as they sound! So I will attempt the Root Beer Float cupcakes again with a different recipe. For now please enjoy these beautiful Pina Colada cupcakes. They were so yummy! I'm not the biggest fan of coconut, but the coconut is what really brought these cupcakes together!





And what is a Pina Colada without and umbrella & straw?



Pina Colada Cupcakes:

1 yellow cake mix
1/3 C. canola oil
1/4 C. water
1 tsp. artificial rum extract
1 can crushed pineapple (undrained)
3 eggs


Preheat oven to 350.
Combine cake mix, oil, water, rum extract, pineapple with juice, and eggs.
Beat on low for 30 seconds then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Bake for 13-20 minutes.


Frosting

1 can of whipped vanilla frosting
1 tsp. coconut extract
1 tsp. artificial rum extract
1 C. shredded coconut

Add extracts to frosting and blend well.
Sprinkle with coconut. ( I actually toasted the coconut a
little first to give it a little color to stand out on the frosting)

Store covered at room temperature.

Enjoy! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment