Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Doughnut Cupcakes (Muffins.... toe-MAE-toe, toe-MA-toe)

Hello. My name is Tiffany, and I am addicted to Pinterest. Yep. I had told myself I wouldn't cave, but I did. You can follow me here. Hee hee. Shameful plug.

I found this recipe for 'Glazed Doughnut Muffins'. I say cupcakes. They are more muffin tasting, but I feel the sweetness of the glaze makes them a cupcake.


Recipe:

Ingredients for Muffins (Cupcakes)

1/4 C. butter
1/4 C. vegetable oil
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/3 C. brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 2/4 C. all purpose flour
1 C. milk

Ingredients for Glaze 

3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 C. icing sugar
3/4 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. hot water


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups or spray with non stick cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of a mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter, oil, and sugars until smooth. Add eggs one at a time. With mixer on low add the baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract until just combined.
3. Add the flour alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with flour until everything is combined.
5. Spoon batter into cups and smooth tops. Divide equally among the tin. Bake for 15-17 minutes* until they are a pale golden brown and springy to touch. Rotate the pan half way through baking. Cool for 5 minutes in tin, then 10 minutes on a wire rack.
6. To make glaze mix together ingredients and whisk until smooth.
7. When cupcakes have cooled slightly, dip the top in the glaze. Allow the glaze to harden and dip again.

*I only put mine in for 15 minutes and the bottoms were a tiny bit burnt, so make sure you are watching them!

I feel these would be perfect with a nice warm glass of hot chocolate, and with the rainy days ahead of me, I guess I now have some yummy treats to keep me warm!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment