Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fashionista

Do I even need to explain this one? It was my friends birthday. I made a cake. Yep. That is the explanation. Well, I guess I can go into a little more detail. I put my cricut to good use again and cut out all the shapes for the cupcakes and cake, including the flower I put on the shoe. The cricut experience was better this time, I let the fondant set a little bit once I had rolled it out to allow it to start to harden. It worked much better, as it wasn't as easily pulled and stretched.  I made the shoe for on top of the cake out of gumpaste, which to me is basically a stiffer fondant. I found a tutorial here. I decided to put a flower on the shoe instead of a bow. I personally think the flower is a bit cuter than the bow, but that is just my opinion. I also did some more practice with making icing look nice and smooth like fondant. It's getting easier, the biggest trick is trying to get the icing to crust up so you can rub it out. The edging on the cake was not what I was going for, but after doing it, I loved it because it looked like ruffles.


I just realized that the paragraph I just wrote is kinda boring, sorry. My amazing wit is not in top form today.

No comments:

Post a Comment