Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mint Chocolate Cake

The same friend, also loves mint chocolate... so she also got this cake for her birthday (plus we have mutual friends with nut allergies, and I wanted to ensure they had some cake they could eat with out going into "nut shock". Yep. So here it is. A decadent chocolate cake filled with a mint filling between the layers and covered in a semi-sweet chocolate ganache. Only thing with the ganache is that sadly it doesn't hold as well as icing when a cake is moved, so you see a little of the mint green icing peeking out in places, but hey, it tasted great. The cake was incredibly moist. How you ask? Sour cream. I know. Who would think to put sour cream in a cake. I've had a few recipes that I have used that call for sour cream, and I have never been disappointed. The cake is always moist and delicious!
This cake was compared to a peppermint patty. So good!

1 comment: