Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hot Chocolate

I love hot chocolate. It makes me happy. It's a great drink on a cold day, when you just want to curl up with a book or watch a movie. It also compliments toast and peanut butter wonderfully. There are so many varieties of hot chocolate out there as well; the classic milk chocolate, milk chocolate with mini marshmallows, dark chocolate, white chocolate, mint chocolate, rolo, hazelnut, irish creme.... I could go on and on..... But this kind of hot chocolate is not one you drink. It may just make an already classic and fabulous treat even more fabulous. In fact, I'm not sure if I can go back to the original after this.


Hot 

Chocolate 

Rice 

Krispie 

Squares









That's right. You read that correctly. I wish I could take credit for this idea, but I can't. I found the recipe online one day when randomly searching. Someday I'll come up with something this amazing all on my own!

All you do is add 6 Tbsp. of hot chocolate to your melted butter and marshmallows. Just follow the regular rice krispie recipe. Another tip: Use cocoa rice krispies instead of the original. Once you add the rice krispies to your melted marshmallow mixture, mix in some more marshmallows, and once it's all smoothed out in the pan, gently press more marshmallow on top of your krispies.  

Now you can enjoy hot chocolate even on a hot day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment