Sunday, October 30, 2011

Another one bites the dust... or the cake.

I had another one of my room-mates get married at the beginning of the month. She looked gorgeous and so happy. Her wedding was simple and elegant, and so the cake had to be as well. I was very excited for the opportunity to work on some of my skills!

The cake was chocolate with a nutella ganache and white buttercream icing. Top it off with some ribbons and orchids, and you have understated elegance, that tasted pretty dang good! I used the faux fondant finish with crusting buttercream again, and I have to say, I think it worked out pretty well!


Pretty classy looking!

Check out that smooth, smooth surface.

This was a very classic wedding cake. It wasn't over the top or trying to make a crazy statement. I think the statement it made was simple elegance. Which suited the bride perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment