Thursday, September 29, 2011

Banana Blueberry Lemon muffins? Yes please!

Guess who went to the farmers' market? THIS GIRL! And I bought blueberries! Fresh, delicious, perfectly blue (well, they are actually more of a purple), blueberries! So I had to find a fantastic recipe for blueberry muffins (my favorite muffin!)
Fresh BC blueberries. Nothing better!
And I found this one. A recipe for Banana Blueberry Lemon muffins. I do like banana, but I don't like overpowering banana. I also like lemon, but again, not an overpowering lemon flavor. These were perfect! The batch made 12, and I have been enjoying them for breakfast. I tend to pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds which releases an amazing fruity smell, then melt a little butter on them... YUM! I want one now!
Muffins! with the fancy pull wrappers and everything!
Here is the recipe, in case you don't want to click on the above link!

Ingredients:

2 1/4 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
2/3 C. brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 C. butter, melted
1 TBsp. vanilla
1 TBsp. lemon juice
1 C. blueberries
2 TBsp. lemon zest
3 TBsp. granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and 1 TBsp. of lemon zest.
Beat together bananas, eggs, brown sugar, butter, lemon juice, and vanilla until blended.
Stir in dry ingredients. Gently add blueberries. Spoon into muffin tin. (If you don't use liners ensure you lightly grease the tin!) Combine granulated sugar and remaining lemon zest. Sprinkle over top of the muffins. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment