Tuesday, August 13, 2013

No bake Oreo cheesecake bites

I made these for a Relief Society function at church in July. We were supposed to be having a Garden Party and then 1/2 hour before the activity, west Lethbridge experienced a Micro burst. Can I just say how crazy that was? It's pretty fantastic when you have your mixer going and can't hear it due to the rain being so loud! Needless to say the Garden Party was moved inside.

I am all over desserts that look like you put a ton of effort into them, when in reality they were the easiest thing ever. Presentation is everything. So I present to you, No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Bites, brought to you in part from Cooking Classy.


Also loving all the picture editing apps on my phone... makes everything so much cuter!
 
 
Ingredients
  • 33 Oreos, divided
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 (3.4 oz) pkg cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix (I used vanilla as living in Canada I don't have access to what I can only believe to be a magnificent creation.. cheesecake flavored pudding..Mmmmmmm. Guess I know what I'm buying next time I go to the States!) 
  • 30 mini Oreos
In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Then use a wire whisk, stir in cream, milk and instant pudding (I actually have a whisk on my hand mixer so I used that). Whisk mixture for about 2 - 3 minutes until it is quite thick.  Freeze mixture for 5 minutes (I found that I had to freeze it a little longer than 5 minutes). While your filling is in the freezer, crush 3 oreos so they are nice and fine. I used my food processor but a rolling pin and Ziploc bag will apparently work as well according to the Cooking Classy site. Stir crushed Oreos into cheesecake mixture. Pipe cheesecake mixture over 30 large Oreos (depending on the tip will give you a different look. I like how mine turned out looking like soft serve ice cream), then top each one with a mini Oreo. For best result serve immediately (store in refrigerator if not used immediately).
 
And try not to eat all of them yourself!
 
: )


No comments:

Post a Comment