Friday, January 22, 2010

The cutest little Snowmen you ever did see!

It's not a secret, that I am in love with the Cake Pop idea that I discovered at Bakerella. I think they are just the cutest things ever!

I decided to take the Cake Pop idea and create my own design. No looking at pictures and re-creating this time, nope, they came from my little imagination.
So I started by making the basic cake pops and got them onto their sticks. I decided that before I would cover them in chocolate, I was going to make sure that the accessories were ready to add so that I could just stick them on without having to add more chocolate as 'glue'.
Step 1: I made the lovely little top hats out of a mini oreo, mini marshmallow, chocolate melts, green tree sprinkles, and red icing. And I have to say, I think they turned out super super cute!

Step 2: Have a bowl of shaved coconut (I felt that the snow needed to look like snow, and smooth white chocolate wasn't going to do it for me), and a bowl of mini chocolate chips ready to go.
Step 3: Sort through the candy coated sunflower seeds (purchased in bulk) to pull out orange ones that look similar to carrots.

Now the assembling. This is where it got a little difficult and messy. If you didn't work fast enough you needed more chocolate to work and glue, and if you worked too quickly, a lot of the chocolate would fall off under the weight of the coconut. A little frustrating, but the end result was worth it. I've even emailed a photo to Bakerella. We'll see what she thinks! But I have to say I think these little guys are super cute! And tasty too!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I love cake pops too. I have a collection of items to make them in my cupboard but haven't made any since Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obviously way behind. Can't believe I missed all this! Sighh.. They are super cute! What did Bakerella think?

    ReplyDelete