Saturday, January 30, 2010

A little Flair!

I am in love with my sifter. I know a strange thing to be in love with, but it added such a cute winter flair to some classic home-made oreos, that there is no reason preventing the love! It's amazing what a sifter, and some cute snowflake stencils (thanks Mom!) can do! Since I love these cookies so much, I figured I would actually share the recipe that I use. Seriously, GREATEST COOKIES EVER!

Home-Made Oreos

1 box devil's food cake mix (Betty Crocker is best!)

3/4 C. butter or margarine, softened

2 eggs

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1/2 C. butter

2 Tbsp. vanilla

2 C. powdered sugar

In a large bowl combine cake mix, 3/4 C. butter, and eggs. Chill about 10 minutes. Roll into small balls. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool.

To prepare filling, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 C. butter, and vanilla together. Add powdered sugar and mix together. Spread filling on top of cookie, and then top with another cookie. Makes about 2 dozen.

3 comments:

  1. I made those this week for St. Patrick's day - chocolate cookie with mint green icing. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! recipes! You could so write a recipe book with all your awesome cakes and ideas. I think it would be a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete