Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

So I did attempt to make a Christmas tree out of stars this year. Normally this would be made out of gingerbread, and it would also be taller. Mine looks more like a bush, but I sill thought it was cute!
I decided that I couldn't use regular rice krispies, because trees need to have brown. So I have to say THANK YOU to whoever it was that invented Cocoa Krispies.

I cut out a variety of star shapes so that I could stack them together to make my tree. After they were all stacked, It was time to make the lump of rice krispies look more tree like, by adding some leaves. And of course, since it is a Christmas tree, it needed a little snow, some decorations and a star to top it off! I feel it turned out quite cute! Not too sure how it ended up tasting. I used royal icing, which I don't really enjoy the taste of, but I guess that if the icing was scraped off, it tasted great. (I had a lot of left over rice krispie pieces, so guess what I did?? That's right.... ate them...)

No comments:

Post a Comment