Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers' Day!

I came across an incredibly cute cake the other day in my random blog searches. I looked at it and thought, 'I can do that'. So I did. And added my own little twist. 
One word. Ruffles. 
And who better to make a ridiculously cute ruffled cake for than my Mom. The cake in honor of Mothers' Day and to all the women in my life who have been Moms' to me. But especially for my Mom who is the person who will actually get to eat this little beauty. 


(I also got a new camera... can you tell I had fun editing the photos?)


cute fabric background too, huh? I'm kind of in love with it.

The cake was a white cake with a pink tinted buttercream icing in between the layers, then covered in a yellow tinted buttercream. The pink ruffle flower is also buttercream that I froze to get it hard enough to attach a little ways up the front of the cake with its' center being a large circle sprinkle (for lack of better word). The ruffle was incredibly easy to make using a petal icing tip. Sadly, I delivered the cake to my Mom and the flower kind of fell down the cake, but at least I got pictures prior to! And now I know... Add buttercream embellishments on site!

So there it is. 
A cute ruffle cake for my Mom. 
Happy Mothers' Day Mom. Love you lots! 
And thank you for instilling a craftiness in me that has kind of overtaken my life
 and allows me to feed my perfectionist personality! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment