Tuesday, June 28, 2011

36 Years.

My parents have been married for 36 years. Wow. I'm in awe, especially when in our society marriages don't even seem to last 5 years. I love my parents so much and I am so thankful for their amazing example. And of course, as always to celebrate a momentous occasion, I made cake. I made a white chocolate raspberry cake. Yum. The recipe can be found on the Kraft website. Also, my mom loves bears, so I figured I'd make a cute little topper for the cake. Please focus on the topper more than anything. Don't pay attention to the piping or the icing job. Just look at the cute little bears!



I made the bears out of fondant, and I'm really happy with how they turned out, especially on a first try! I'm excited to try all sorts of new little fondant figurines now. I think a giraffe would be super cute... Now to find someone who needs a giraffe cake!


 Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad! Love you lots! 
And thanks again for such an amazing example of a wonderful marriage!

1 comment: