Saturday, September 24, 2011

Root Beer Float Cupcakes

Remember back in June when I was supposed to make Root Beer Float Cupcakes? And then remember that time that I made them and they were disgusting so I refused to even show you a picture? Well. I have found a recipe that redeems that attempt! These cupcakes were fantastic. This might sound weird but they had a spiciness to them, that wonderful spiciness that exists in root beer. 

Aren't they cute? The perfect little Root Beer Float!

Here is the recipe that I used, for all those of you who love root beer and need to try them out!

Ingredients:
1C. Root Beer Soda
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
3/4 C. sugar
1/3 C. canola oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. Root Beer extract (I found some through Watkins)
1 1/3 C. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt.

Preheat over to 350 F, and line muffin tin with 12 liners.
Combine soda and vinegar and let stand for a few minutes.
Add in the sugar & oil. Whisk until slightly frothy.
Add extracts, and gently add the flour along with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Do not overmix (I really have no idea what this means but it's in the directions)
Fill cupcake liners approx. 3/4 full.
Bake for 18-22 minutes.

Now the recipe I used called for a vanilla buttercream frosting. I cheated. I bought a tub of cool whip, then using my cookie scoop (I heart my cookie scope) I put a blob of cool whip on top of the cupcakes. I also used these incredibly cute stripe paper straws to add a little flair.

If you are a Root Beer fan, I highly recommend these!


No comments:

Post a Comment