Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ooey Gooey

I love Pinterest. It's not a secret. I love how so much stuff is already found for me. It saves me hours on google. Especially when I'm searching for some sweets for Girls Night! So that is where I found this amazing ooey gooey peanut buttery chocolate goodness.



This recipe comes from I Wash ... You Dry

Here is the recipe for this delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake.

Ingredients:

1 box chocolate fudge cake mix, plus ingredients needed to prepare (eggs, oil, water)
1/2 C. butter
8 Oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 to 4 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. chocolate chips ( I totally added more than this! The more chocolate the better in my humble opinion.)
1 C. miniture peanut butter cups (Again, I used more..... This cake is not for those on a diet!)
2 C. Reese's Pieces (not on original recipe.. this was all me!)

To make the cake!

1. Oven needs to be preheated to 350.
2. Make the chocolate cake mix according to the package and pour into your cake pan. Make sure it is lightly greased. I made my cake in 2, 9 inch rounds. However, do not put it in the over quite yet! You're about to add the ooey gooey goodness!
3. Melt your butter on the stove until it is bubbly. 
4. Combine butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat until it is smooth.
5. Add the vanilla and peanut butter and continue to beat until smooth.
6. Add your powdered sugar 1 C. at a time and continue to beat mixture until it becomes light and fluffy. 
7. Scoop big spoonfuls of your peanut butter mixture and drop them into the cake batter. Sprinkle that with chocolate chips, 3/4 of the peanut butter cups, and 1C. of the reese's pieces. 
8. Bake for 45-55 minutes. The center will still be slightly jiggly when the cake is done (again where the ooey gooey goodness comes from!)
9. Let the cake cook for 15-20 minutes. Do not remove from pan! (I learned this the hard way and only got to enjoy one of these suckers....)
10. Top with the peanut butter cups and reeses pieces that are left over! Slice and serve! 

It was so delicious and decadent. Highly, highly recommended!


It was a girls night hit!

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment