Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Oops!

So I just realized that this 'little' cake never got published!

My dear friend Jill got married in June of 2013. We met my first year at college and were in the same YSA ward at church. 12 years (?) later we both are living in Lethbridge and she meets the man of her dreams. 

She asked for 300 mini cupcakes in her wedding colours of pink and green. They filled my entire island! A little army of cupcakes. 


And decorated...


And then the cake! I say 'little' because it really wasn't! The bottom tier was a 14" cake! Now, we happened to be having a very hot day the day of delivery! It was terrifying! The cake had a bit of an accident on the way there! Thankfully I was able to fix it. The cake was vanilla with vanilla buttercream and covered in a crusting buttercream. I really so like crusting buttercream because it looks nice and smooth like fondant but I find it easier to work with! Now if someone loves fondant I'll use it, or if I can't do what is requested with icing! Thankfully this couple didn't care for fondant. : )

The wedding was beautiful and they had the cutest little setup for the cake!


Now, please do not judge the ribbon looking a little wavy... Like I said it was hot, so a little melting occurred as it sat there. I was very happy with it though and hope they loved it just as much as I did. 

So congratulations Jill & David! And since I'm so late getting this up... Happy 15 month anniversary!


: )


No comments:

Post a Comment