Friday, February 18, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I have a bit of a weakness for chocolate chip cookie dough.Not the healthiest thing to eat, but amazing nonetheless. Guilty pleasure admission: I will on occasion buy a tube of Pilsbury Cookie dough and just sit there with a spoon.

I was thinking to myself, why can't this amazing thing be in cupcake form. You can imagine my delight when I googled it and came across tons of recipes. Who knew? The one I used was found here at http://www.lovintheoven.com/. Fabulous site! The minute I saw the pictures I was hooked. They had to be made. And can I just say, adding cookie dough to icing? Genius!I did however use my personal favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe for the frozen ball of cookie dough in the middle of the cupcake to add a little of my own flair to the recipe.

These cupcakes were amazing! I feel the need to make them every day. I won't because I really don't need to gain a million pounds, but oh my gosh! There have been some recipes that look good and I get incredibly excited for and then they are a let down. This is NOT one of those recipes.
So YUMMY!

And, here is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe;

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening (Golden Shortening)
1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)

1.HEAT oven to 375ºF.
2.COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
3.DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
4.BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.

Just look at that icing.... If you start licking your screen, I promise I won't judge. : )

Photos by Chelsea Belle Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment